When I started making this card for the challenge at the Dutch Card Lovers Blog. We're supposed to use spatters, splashes, circles, smudges and/or stains on our card.
A good reason to try something different; using different supplies that I have not been using much.
And maybe, just maybe it is a small step towards mixed media. Although this is not a mixed media project. But an attempt to use something different such as ink, embossing folders, heat embossing, dies and patterned paper. These supplies are all in my comfort zone:)
It made me think of the distress stains and glimmer mists.... I guess you get an idea already. The glimmer mist was just standing in my closet for more than 3 years ( I know,I know) and after buying some colors of distress stains I only used them twice.
I tried a few things and finally came up with something more than just a few splashes. Off track due to my supplies:) I doubted whether I should participate. But still pleased how this turned out I decided to post it and submit it. Ladies of the DT; my apologies on forehand.
I started with dabbing, spraying:
And I just couldn't stop:)
Here is my card:
Aquarel cardstock from my stash
Distress Stains: Tattered Rose, Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap
Glimmer mist: Black Cherry and Pearl
Stamps from Different Colors
Ink from Different Colors: Magic Pink, Purple Red and Mocca
Sentiment from Hero Arts